Thursday, January 24, 2013

Lessons!

For the past 2 weeks, I've planned dinners ahead and loaded up the boys for Andrew's swim lessons from 4:30 to 5.  It was a great way to get out of the house post-nap/pre-dinner and definitely helped Andrew get more comfortable with the water.   And, although he declared "I hate this place" every time we pulled up to the aquatic center, he ended every lesson by saying "That was a lot of fun, Mom.  I want to come back tomorrow!"  Ah, the joys of parenting a 3-year old.  


Andrew being cautious before the first lesson:


In the water with teacher Aimee!



This is the pool where his lessons took place.  It's a park district aquatic center and only a 4 minute drive from our house (or 25 minute walk).  I watched Andrew during his lessons and was pretty amused because every time he was asked to stay by the wall and wait for his turn, he'd start drifting toward the round-rounds in the pool, as if being pulled by some sort of magnetic force.   


During lessons, I got to chase this little guy around for 30 minutes.  He loved heading toward the men's locker room as fast  as possible over and over and over.


While Andrew's lessons allowed us to dream of summer and warmer days ahead, B and I took some lessons of our own that embraced all winter has to offer.  We are learning to ski!  We had an all day lesson on a Friday and then went out on our own the following Friday.  We already feel like we're improving and are looking forward to using up the rest of our 10 passes for the season! 



Happy end of January!  Yesterday, I decided to get myself out of the winter blues by buying some tulips while out grocery shopping.  Then, I decided to use my very spring-looking vase and placemat and make our new centerpiece a hopeful reminder that spring will eventually arrive.  Here's a little taste of spring to get you through this dreary winter day:



1 comment:

  1. quite a variety there, Miss Elaina. From swimming to skiing to decorating...I'm impressed.

    ReplyDelete