Saturday, September 22, 2012

Our Week


This week has been somewhat uneventful.  Poor Andrew had a fever Monday through Wednesday, so we spent a lot of time at home.  We did a few projects around the house and Andrew spent a lot of time watching TV and resting.  I make the kids go 24 hours fever-free before I'll let them out of the house and around other kids, so we were bummed to miss the chance to get together with new friends on Thursday and go to Andrew's park district gymnastics class.  We also missed our neighborhood playgroup again.  I was definitely a little stir crazy by the end of the week, but am happy Andrew's better and no one else has caught whatever he had (yet, at least).

Here's a few pictures from the week:

On Sunday, we met up with friends at a playground.  Our kids are the same age and I caught some swinging fun together.  This park is pretty incredible.  The whole thing is full of sand and everyone leaves their trucks and shovels there for others to play with.  I meant to get a picture of the 50 or so trucks in the middle of the park, but forgot.  It's my favorite playground so far and Andrew's a huge fan.

Andrew and Ella: 






Matthew and Harrison:





Lots of time at home this week.  My 2 goof balls under the coffee table.  



I went downstairs to check on Andrew and found him dead asleep.  Besides in the car, this is definitely the first time Andrew's fallen asleep without being put to bed.  Poor guy.


A new friend here just decided to start a "Ladies Morning Out" group.  Once a month, we'll head out on a weekend and do something together--hiking, dining, etc.  We got up at 7 this morning and headed out for a hike and enjoyed some mimosas and breakfast at the top of the hike while overlooking the city and the mountains.  It was a beautiful morning and I've included some fall foliage pictures, as promised.    I only had my phone with me, so they aren't the best quality, but you can at least get an idea of the colors.






The mountains are pretty hazy right now because smoke is blowing over from fires in Idaho.


The buildings closest are all part of the University of Utah.  In the distance, you can see the capital building and downtown.

When I returned from my morning hike, Bob took off and did a 24 mile bike ride up a canyon!  I think it's safe to say that his Saturday morning activity was a little more intense than my mimosa hike. :)  






No comments:

Post a Comment