Sunday, September 30, 2012

Jeans-Porch-Oktoberfest

So, I'm pretty sure people have been wearing them for at least 3 years now...I've been fighting it and fighting it and wanting nothing to do with it.  But, I have been feeling a little pressure from a certain little sibling to step up my level of fashion.  Oh, and I recently read this article while sitting comfortably in my Old Navy Jeans and it freaked me out.   Thus, I surrendered and bought myself a pair of skinny jeans this week.
They look so weird and don't feel right, but supposedly people are wearing these.  I'm pretty sure no one was taking notice of my skinny jean boycott anyway.

On the home front, I came home the other day and noticed several houses on the block had put out Halloween or fall decorations and I panicked!  This is our first year with our own house and I had no idea what to do.  I'm pretty confident in my Christmas decorating skills, but have no idea what I'm doing the rest of the year.  No, seriously.  I have 4 giant boxes of Christmas decorations and 1 leaf-shaped candle holder for the rest of the year.  Thankfully, I have a mother with a bit of a decorating sense (see her blog here).  She gave me a few tips and ideas and I headed out and got to work.

Andrew in his colander 'hard hat' helping me make my planter fall-ish.


The finished project all ready to put on the front porch.

Got a fall leaf wreath for the door and my planter on the porch.



My mom told me that it doesn't take much to look festive and it's just little touches here and there that make all the difference.  I think I may agree and am definitely feeling like less of a failure on the domestic front every time we pull into our driveway now!  

Clearly, I haven't spent enough time in the mountains this week since this is all I could think to post about tonight.  We did venture up Little Cottonwood Canyon last night to check out Oktoberfest at Snowbird ski resort.  It was a lot of fun and the boys did a little dancing to the Bavarian music.  We enjoyed kraut and sausages and pumpkin beer.  Ah, fall.  Here's the only 2 pictures I took up there--Andrew sawing grass and Matthew hanging out in the stroller.




2 comments:

  1. Loving your posts. As far as skinny jeans, if you can't wear them, who can?!?

    And when are you going to the dinosaur zoo?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look great in your skinny jeans! Where are they from, they are cute

    ReplyDelete