Monday, August 4, 2014

Growing Pains

We've got a lot of growing up going on around here!  Here's what's going on:



1) Andrew's preschool this year is in the afternoons, so getting him used to staying up all day is the goal of the month.  During naptime, Andrew now gets to hang out in the playroom instead of trying to nap.  We are on day 3 of this transition.  On day 1, he happily played during quiet time and then fell asleep instantly around 7:15 that night.  On day 2, he was super cranky all morning and then decided to put himself on the futon in the basement during quiet time and he napped.  Ooops.  We're currently on day 3, so we'll see how this goes.  

2) I decided to put Matthew in underwear on Saturday and decided we're just going to go for it and see how he does.  So far, he's doing ok.  He can go long stretches without an accident and goes when I set a timer and tell him it's "potty time."  But, he hasn't taken the reigns yet to tell me when he needs to go.  Wait, let me take that back.  He took the reigns for a full hour while we were at church yesterday.  The boy went FOUR TIMES in that hour.  He also takes the reigns when I'd like him to stay in bed for nap or bedtime.  Anyway, I'm giving it a few more days to see if it clicks.  He's excited about underwear for now, so we'll see.  Andrew's really hoping he succeeds because Matthew will get a trip to the toy store and Andrew's hoping Matthew will pick out something for him too!  

3) Catherine's 2nd tooth on the bottom arrived 2 days after her first one.  She's been a little fussy still, so I'm thinking the top 2 may be making an appearance soon.  I'm sure you're on the edge of your seat.  Stay tuned! 

So, this teething, potty training, and dropping a nap is leading to me upping my coffee intake and trying to get to bed earlier.  Seriously, I pass out an hour after the kids these days!  Pathetic!  Hopefully all the transitions will go smoothly and I'll get my energy back soon when we get to the other side.  

No comments:

Post a Comment