Friday, February 21, 2014

Catherine joins the Gang

Our first 48 hours with Catherine have been wonderful.  I'm not sure if I'm running on adrenaline or hormones or what, but I'm just giddy as can be and am loving every second of life with our newest little addition.

There's a bunch of little things that happened the last few days that I want to make sure I remember.  So, I thought I'd post a somewhat random list on here:

-When we called home to let Andrew and Matthew know about their new baby sister, Andrew asked what her first name and middle name were.  Then, he asked what her last name was going to be.  When we told him, he said that couldn't be right because our last name is a boy's name.

-During labor, I got a text from one of the moms at Andrew's school.  I guess Andrew ran into his classroom so excited and told everyone that his mom and dad were at the hospital and having a baby!  He told our sitter, Allison, that it was a special day, so it must be a holiday!

-When we got in the car to head to the hospital at 3:45AM, B was busy choosing music on his phone for this occasion.  I'm thinking something tranquil and mellow, but nope--his choice was TECHNO!  Ha!  Also--our conversation on the way included our excitement that for the 3rd time, we'd have a baby born on a prime date!  Yes, we are that dorky and totally meant for each other. :)

-We got asked several times at the hospital if Catherine every cries.  She didn't cry at delivery and we were worried something was wrong.  The team ran in to check her out and the conclusion was, "she's just not a cryer."  Nice.

-The boys are in love with their new baby sister and have funny ways of showing it.  Andrew really wants her to have enough toys and books to keep her entertained.  He keeps setting up play areas for her in different areas of the house and brings me books for her enjoyment while nursing.  Matthew really is concerned about her diet and likes to leave the table during meals to deliver noodles and share his milk with her.  

-While Catherine was a non-cryer at the hospital, she found her voice our first night home.  She apparently has her nights and days mixed up, so when I tried to get her to settle down around 10, she very much let me know she wasn't a fan.  She cried and nursed off and on for the next 2 hours, so then I decide to walk downstairs with her to say hello to B, who was doing work in his office.  And, she turns into this little sleepy angel as soon as we got near him!  Same thing happened in the womb--she'd be kicking like crazy and I'd tell B to feel and as soon as he touched my belly, Catherine would get still as can be!  Guess she's a little Daddy's girl!  She did eventually fall asleep a little after 2AM and gave me a good 4 hours, which I was very happy about.

-B is at work today and I had our sitter come help for a few hours this morning so I could catch up a little on sleep while she managed the boys. After she left, I had the genius idea of letting the boys help/watch me give Catherine a sponge bath.  Well...Catherine decided to poop during our fun and got it all over my pants, sweatshirt, the bathroom rug, and bathroom floor.  Then, while I'm trying to manage and get her cleaned up, my 2 little helpers decide to help me clean the floor with the WHITE guest washcloths.  I was just laughing through the whole thing.  Good first adventure on being home alone with 3 kids.

And, some pictures:

First morning on the outside

So sweet

View from our hospital room

The boys just love her
Matthew's not seeming so little anymore!

First morning at home snuggles

Andrew took this picture!

Lil' Peanut snoozing the day away




No comments:

Post a Comment