Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Save Yourself From...

canned cranberry sauce this Thanksgiving!  Unless you love the lines around the texture-less cranberry sauce that makes that oh-so-appetizing sound as it slides out of the can, please try my treasured family recipe for cranberries this Thanksgiving.  It's not too late and they don't take long--I promise you will not regret the decision!

My Great-Grandma's Thanksgiving Cranberries 

Ingredients:
-2 large (or 4 small) packages cherry Jell-O
-1 to 1.5 cups sugar (my grandma used just over 1 cup)
-2 cups boiling water
-3 cups cold water
-1 lb cranberries
-2 oranges (including rind-no seeds)
-2 small (tuna-sized) cans of crushed pineapple
-1 cup chopped walnuts

Directions:
1. Add 2 cups boiling water to sugar and jello and stir until dissolved.
2.  Add remaining water
3.  Grind cranberries in a food processor
4. Add orange (including rind), and Walnuts (unless you bought them already chopped fine) in a food processor.
5.  Add cranberry mixture and pineapple to Jell-O.
6.  Chill in the refrigerator overnight.

I already got my batch done for tomorrow!  Yum!

Happy Thanksgiving blog readers!

1 comment: